Its been a long journey for us at Oodlebit but we are finally here. For those of you who have stuck by us since the beginning, thank you for your support, for those of you who are just joining us, welcome aboard. Now let’s get started!
Beta Testing Requirements:
- Desktop environment required (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Edge web browsers are supported) – Internet Explorer will not be supported. Mobile is not yet supported.
- Time, we expect you to participate within the complete beta test which will last 15 days. You will need enough time to discover and report bugs.
- Join our Beta Testing Discord channel https://discord.gg/t6yNX4Z
- Don’t violate the privacy of other users, destroy data, disrupt our services, etc.
- Only target your own accounts in the process of testing any bugs. Don’t target, attempt to access, or otherwise disrupt the accounts of other users.
- Don’t target our physical security measures, or attempt to use social engineering, spam, distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks, etc.
Note: If you are a hacker, security expert, or just a security enthusiast we invite you to responsibly investigate and report bugs in a way that will not to be disruptive or harmful to us or our users.
Beta Testing Participation Reward:
We will pay beta testers a onetime participation reward equivalent to 10 USD in Bitcoins and 500 OODL coins when they submit at least one qualifying security or functionality bug.
We will pay rewards in Bitcoin and OODL coins, but it’s entirely at our discretion to decide whether a bug is significant enough to be eligible for reward. You also must be the first beta tester to report the bug to qualify for the reward, we pay rewards on a first report basis.
Warning: Only submit bugs that pose a real security or functionality problem and report them in a clear and descriptive manner. Anyone found abusing our bug reporting system by submitting many non-qualifying bugs will be disqualified from beta testing and its rewards.
- Security Bugs: Will pay a minimum reward equivalent to 50 USD in Bitcoins and 500 OODL coins per security bug. Rewards over the minimum are at our discretion, but we will pay significantly more for particularly serious issues. A security bug is anything that poses a significant vulnerability, either to the security of our site or the integrity of our trading system.
- Functionality Bugs: Will pay a minimum reward equivalent to 10 USD in Bitcoins and 100 OODL coins per functionality bug. A functionality bug is any part of the Oodlebit platform that is not functioning as designed. Make sure you do not test anything listed on the “Do not test list” displayed below.
Note: After submitting a bug give us reasonable amount of time to review your bug report and respond to you. Please do not spam us about your bug report.
Bugs that do not qualify include:
- Bugs that have not been reported in a clear and descriptive manner or cannot be reproduced.
- Bugs already known to us or already reported by another beta tester.
- Vulnerabilities contingent on physical attack, social engineering, spamming, DDOS attack, etc.
- Vulnerabilities on sites hosted by third parties unless they lead to a vulnerability on the main website.
- Bugs that pose no real threat to our security, to our systems, or to our users.
- Misspellings or incorrect language strings.
- Bugs not related to https://beta.oodlebit.com – oodlebit.com will be discontinued, and replaced with the beta.oodlebit.com website version after beta.
How to report bugs:
- Submit your bug report here https://oodlebitinc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new or directly to [email protected]
- Include your Email address associated with your Oodlebit.com account, or else you will not receive your OODL coin rewards if eligible.
- Include your Bitcoin Address where you would like to receive your bug reward payment. OODL coins will be credited to your account at a later date when beta is over.
- Include as much information in your bug report as possible, including a description of the bug, its potential impact, and steps for reproducing it or proof of concept. Include screenshots or video if it will help your report.
- If reporting a security bug, clearly demonstrate how the bug poses a threat to us or our users.
How to start Beta Testing Phase 1:
- Visit this link https://beta.oodlebit.com
- Create an account
- Confirm your account by clicking the confirmation link you received in your email
- Login and accept the Terms of Service to continue
Note: Your account will be loaded with virtual balances of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and USDC so you can test out the functionality. You will not be able to withdraw or deposit real funds into your account until Beta Phase 2 opens on August 16th. For testing purposes, we will only have two markets open for test trading ETH/BTC and BTC/USDC in Beta Phase 1.
What you should test:
If you’re not sure where to begin, we have compiled a list of standard functionalities we would like you to test. This list is not complete, there are other functionality you will have to find and test yourself without our guidance. Explore the Oodlebit platform, think outside of the box, analyze, test in ways no one else will, and receive rewards for reporting bugs!
- Account Functionalities
- Create an account
- Confirm an account
- Forgot Password reset
- Enabling / Testing on login / Disabling Two-Factor Authentication
- Changing interface Language setting to your language of choice.
- Edit Personal Info
- Change Email
- Change Password
- Email Login Notifications
- Session Timeout
- Change Master Pin
- Deleting your device
- Freeze Account (We recommend doing this last, as it will unfreeze after x time, or until you contact us to unfreeze your account)
- Logging out
- Affiliate Tracking
- Logging in from different location (This should lock your account, and send you an email to unlock)
- Logging in from different browser (This should lock your account, and send you an email to unlock)
- Try to login with incorrect password more than 3 times. This should lock your account for too many attempts, and you should be able to remove the lock instantly by resetting your password using the “Forgot password” feature.
- Hide Empty Wallets
- Cancelling Open Orders
- Test date range functions
- Watchlist adding and removing
- Trigger Notifications
Note: The trade screen is full of features and data. This is one of the most critical areas that needs the most testing. Analyze the data being displayed, make sure numbers and the data displayed to you makes sense. Make sure functionality works as it should. A good way to test this is to use the interface like you normally would on another exchange and see if it meets your expectations. Is something missing? Is something broken? Is the data displaying correctly? Is the interface functioning correctly?
- Place multiple trades with all order types, try placing trades against yourself, trade with other beta testers.
- Click in the order book and make sure its populating the field boxes correctly
- Quick percent buttons
- Day / Night Mode
- Watchlist add/remove
- News functionality, forward/back buttons
- Analyze Market History for discrepancies
- Watchlist and Markets – Search
- Watchlist and Markets – Change / Volume radio buttons
- Watchlist and Markets – Watchlist / Trigger notifications
- Cancel Open Orders
- Review Order History
- Test connectivity by shutting off your WIFI and see if the WebSocket reconnects without refreshing the page
Do not test list:
- Buy Bitcoin
- Verify Identity (KYC)
- Deposit / Withdrawal
Happy testing, we will see all of you on Discord! https://discord.gg/t6yNX4Z